Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Carbine is here!

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I've had a ton to do, and I've been neglecting the old blog. I know we have some new readers, so I'll be trying to keep the place interesting.

My M1 Carbine showed up today, so that's what I'll talk about. It doesn't hurt that I LOVE it. Great little gun. Light, handy, and easy to get on target fast.

The .30 Carbine round is a snappy little sucker, but it sure isn't a rifle's recoil. Getting back on track after the first shot is easy as pie.

Accuracy is very decent from a 60+ year old warhorse. I fired a few rounds this evening at mixed ranges from 30 to 100 yards, and scored plenty of hits. The little round seems potent when it impacts as well, with soft point ammo at least.

It's surprising just how compact the weapon is, at not even 36" long and weighing about 5.5 lbs.

The sights are a rear aperture and front post protected by two wings. The aperture slides front and back, with notches for 100, 200, 250, and 300 yards. It is also adjustible for windage.

So far my only complaint is that the sights are hard to pick up on in lower light...Happens with all apertures, but this one takes a little less than say, the Garand.

Anyway...Here's the pics!





The little carbine next to her big sister, the M1 Garand rifle.



Ammo comparison, from left to right: .30 Carbine, 7.62x39mm (SKS, AK-47, Etc) and 5.56x45mm Nato (M-16, Etc)


No comments: